Post Doc – Animal GenoPhenomics
80 - 100% / 1725 Posieux FR
Good food, healthy environment
Agroscope has modern testing facilities at its disposal for the objective recording of new functional traits. The Animal GenoPhenomics Research Group focuses on the genetic analysis of these traits, making use of modern high-throughput technologies. For a new research project focusing on cattle, we require someone with specialist knowledge and creativity to find modern approaches to Swiss livestock production.
- Planning and managing research projects in the field of livestock genetics
- Analysis of high-throughput data
- Participation in the Research Group's ongoing projects
- Timely identification of research and innovation requirements in Swiss livestock production, a sector faced with momentous change and major challenges
- Implementing requests from the Swiss livestock production sector in current or future research projects
- Creation of a network with Swiss and international partners
- Initiating research collaborations and acquiring third-party funding for research projects
- Supervising PhD students
- Suitable post-doctorate in agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine or a related discipline
- Basic experience in the field of molecular genetics
- Will ideally possess knowledge and practical skills in bioinformatics or in the analysis of high-throughput data, or be willing to upskill in these areas
- Experience in managing and conducting research projects (planning and conducting trials; data analyses and publication of results in scientific journals)
- Outstanding communication skills for the professional presentation of research findings at national and international conferences
- Achievement-oriented, communicative personality with a good capacity for teamwork
- Good knowledge of one of Switzerland's official languages and of English (both spoken and written)
If this challenge appeals to you and you meet the requirements profile, we look forward to receiving your online application at firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref.nb. 44788. Please note that we cannot consider applications from recruitment agencies.
For further information regarding this post, please contact Dr. Markus Neuditschko, Head of the Animal GenoPhenomics Research Group, Tel. +41 58 482 62 00.
Start date: 1 June 2021 or as agreed. Contract: 2-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
Agroscope is an innovative research institute for agricultural and nutritional sciences run according to the principles of New Public Management. Part of the Swiss Federal Administration, Agroscope reports to the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research EAER. Agroscope is headquartered in Bern-Liebefeld and carries out its activities at a number of sites in Switzerland.
We offer a demanding and varied job in an interesting work environment. The successful applicant will enjoy an excellent research infrastructure, flexible working hours and advantageous employee benefits.